Tuesday, November 2, 2010

C4T summary post teacher number 3

Moving at the speed of creativity: Wesley Fryer

My teacher is a college professor in Oklahoma. He likes to post things about using the Internet and things his students are required to do to in his class using the Internet. One post was about the safety of using sites that require a login. He stressed that someone can hack into your accounts and know a lot about you without you ever knowing that someone is looking or reading things about you. He also stressed being careful when you are connecting to unknown Internet connections and if you are you should be using a commercial VPN service  to protect your self.  He explained about a site called Astrill and how he always uses it when connecting to unknown wifi connections.  His post about this topic was very informative and I didn't know anything about the sites that can ensure your safety.  I now know that I should use the sites to make sure that people don't hack into my personal information. 

  The second post was about an activity that he required his students to do.  He set his class up into different groups and made them use the flip camera's in a video scavenger hunt.  The videos were very interesting and well done especially using only the flip camera's.  He asked the readers to vote on which video they liked best so I choose to vote on the talking about stress video.  I really liked this one because the students interviewed other students about what causes stress in their lives.  The responses were very funny and I could really relate to some of the responses. 
  Overall I enjoyed reading this blog and found that some of his activities seemed really interesting and fun.  I wouldn't mind doing some of them especially the scavenger hunt.  His other post were really informative and I learned a lot from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment