Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blog Post #11

I loved watching this video with the first grade class. I think that first graders are super cute and they are brutally honest. Mrs. Cassidy is doing a very good job incorporating technology in the classroom. I feel like I can learn a lot from watching this video and it gives you very good ideas. These children are so young and to watch them interact with technology is great and they seem really comfortable. I love that the first graders are learning how to spell and read by using technology. It covers so many things that a normal classroom may not be able to cover. The children learn to use the Internet and they also learn everyday things that they need to be learning. I really liked how Ms. Cassidy uses skype in her classroom. She is able to talk to other professionals and gain advice from others. I like that she allows the class to communicate with other classroom and this really expands the knowledge of the children. They learn that there are others out there they may look different, sound different, or learn different. I think Ms. Cassidy is on the right track with allowing video games in the classroom. Some of the games can be educational and teach things that may not be taught in the classroom. The video game that allows you take care of dogs or cats teachers responsibility and that may be hard to teach each child that.


1 comment:

  1. Brittney,

    I agree that we can learn so much from Mrs. Cassidy. She is an excellent teacher, and she is definitely up to date on technology. Her students have a huge advantage being in this technology enhanced classroom. You are right that this class does cover more than a typical classroom. I know it is simply because of the different tools and techniques Mrs. Cassidy incorporates. I think skype is an excellent tool to use because it does allow students to communicate with others all over the world. They are able to see new people and things and actually experience their culture.

    ReplyDelete