Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Post # 13

I got to review the ALEX website and learn some things that I never knew about.  ALEX stand for Alabama Learning Exchange and it provides information to teachers about different technology and what is available to teachers.  My favorite thing that I played with a little bit is the lesson plan link and it lets you choose what you want your lesson plan to center around. It takes you to this site that explains every detail about a lesson plan that you get to choose.  I looked at the arts part of the lesson plans and it tells you how to incorporate the arts into everyday lessons.  It's got a podcast Treasury that allows you to view other podcast by different teachers around the world.  
  ALEX seems like a great resource for teachers of all experiences and I know that I will use this site now that I know about it.  I can use this to help me develop lesson plans when I am first beginning to do lesson plans and it will give me resources to use podcast in my classroom.  I really love this site and I can't believe that I didn't know about this site.  I will tell everyone that doesn't know about this site because it is so helpful and can really help a new teacher.  I lived in Louisiana for most of my life and I don't know if they have a site like this  but if the did it would really help the teachers over there and if they don't have a site like this I feel like this would be a good site for teachers every where and not just in Alabama.  

1 comment:

  1. I think ALEX is an awesome website as well. This website can is so beneficial for all teachers. I know I will use it when I start to plan lessons. The podcast treasury was really neat too. This is just another example of resources we will be able to use because of EDM. Great post!

    ReplyDelete