Friday, October 29, 2010

Blog Post 9

What I have Learned This year:

I loved reading this blog and thought that he was very insightful and easy to agree with. I know that going into education and becoming a teacher is very scary for me because like him I want to be perfect, which I know will not happen but I can try my best. I feel exactly like he did and I can really see where he was coming from especially when he talked about comprehension and really making sure that your students are learning and retaining what you are teaching.
I think the part about being flexible will really help me in the future because I can really see where he was coming from. I know that a lesson that is written on paper will not be the same lesson that is going to be taught because so many things can happen and kids tend to influence the way your going to be delivering the message and seeing that being flexible worked for him I know it will work for me. If I am flexible my classroom and students will come out better and more prepared.
I read the rest of the blog post and really felt connected to it because it gave some really great advice but the thing that I am going to really take away from it is the part about never stop learning. I feel that being a teacher you should always be a life long learner and it should never stop. Children can teach you so much if your willing to stop and listen. They may have a solution to a problem that you would have never thought of and that can help you later in other classes. I know that no matter what happens I will always be a life long learner.

1 comment:

  1. Late
    None of us are perfect!
    Are you really going to use paper for your lesson plans? After this class?

    Did you get an assignment this week to comment on Mr. McClung's blog? If not, check it out anyway! Mr. McClung's World

    ReplyDelete