Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment # 2

1.  If learners are motivated I do believe that they can teach themselves to some point.  I know that there have been times where I have had to teach myself and the only reason that I learned what I needed to learn was because I was motivated to learn the material.

2.  I think that if the kids are motivated they can learn and teach themselves some things but I think that they would not learn the correct way without some type of help or assurance.  I work at a daycare with pre-K kids and there are some who are motivated to learn to tie their shoes and if you try to help they tell you that they can do it but sometimes they do need help to remember how to do it.

3.   The conditions that must be met to me are the child or person must want to learn and want to succeed.  Without the want to succeed I feel like a motivated learner won't be able to teach themselves.  They may be motivated to learn the material but not to use that material outside the classroom where it would be needed to succeed.

4.   I feel like all time use on computers hinder some aspects of learning.  There are times where a computer is necessary to help someone learn but there are other times that physical work must be done in order to learn something.  A motivated learner needs both and needs equal time using hard work and computers to succeed.

5.    The question was not clear.

6.   If you have problems or questions they need to be answered by someone who knows the material.  A motivated learner needs to be able to ask questions  if they get stuck on something or stuck on a problem.  If  they don't want to ask questions or solve problems they are not going to succeed.

7.  I motivate someone to learn by being enthusiastic about what I am trying to teach.  If you don't have some kind of energy or excitement about what your teaching the students will pick up on you lack of enthusiasm about the subject and fail.  Be the motivator and be proud of what your trying to teach them so that they can be motivated themselves.

8.    I motivated to learn because I want to succeed in everything that I do.  I want to learn how to be a great teach and learn how to motivate my students.  If I show that I want to succeed my students will want to succeed as well.

9.   I don't think that anyone who is not motivated will learn.  If they don't care about learning then they won't be motivated to succeed.  Both motivation and succession go hand in hand, without one the other won't happen and I truly believe this.

10.   I don't teach myself all the time but there have been some times when I have had to teach myself.  There were some classes in high school that the teacher really didn't teach well and I had to teach myself the material.  I think that internet classes in universities require us to teach ourselves and sometime this works and sometimes it doesn't.  Some classes are easier to teach yourself and then there are those classes that it's almost impossible.

11.   A teacher is almost key in my learning environment and I need that teacher to motivate me.  If a teacher is not willing to teach me or wanting me to learn the material then I don't need that teacher to teach me and at that point I will teach myself.

12.    The most important thing that I learned was that motivation is a major role in teaching ourselves.  Without it what do we have  and why do we need to teach ourselves.

13.  How to motivate should be discussed because some future teachers may not know the correct ways to be a motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment