Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment # 1

A.  I believe that having students use Google squared would greatly help them put a lot of information into a simple and easy to understand table.  They can search multiple things and see it all presented  right in front of them and they do not have to go and pull up multiple website or pages.  They do not have to click back and forth trying to see all of the information.  I like that you can add different things to the table and narrow your searches down to exactly what you are looking for.

B. I think that using Wolfram Alpha searches is very helpful especially in the classroom.  Children can use this website very easily and perform searches that will only bring up the information that they are trying to learn.  I used planets as on of my searches and it came up with tables, pictures, individual information about each planet, and many other things.  Using this in the classroom would be  beneficial because you could put in anything you wanted and it would come up with a multitude of educational information.  You could use this with social studies, science, math, and pretty much all the subjects and this would allow students to use the internet and technology to gain information.  I would rather have my students use this website than looking the information up in a book or textbook.

C.  I didn't know that Google squared even existed until this assignment and now that I know about it I will be using it to find quick and easy information.  It really beats having to look things up in books or going all over the internet to find quick facts on things.

D.  I had no idea that wolfram Alpha was out there.  This could have helped while I was still in grade school because when your in school you have tons of research projects that you have to do and this website puts a lot of information in one place.  They give you the exact information that you type in so, if I would have typed in daisies it would bring up all kinds of information on just daisy and it's all contained in one place not all over the internet.

F.  I liked doing this assignment because it gave me insight to things that I didn't' know we could use in our classrooms.  It makes statics easy because both sites puts things into easy to understand tables or combines a lot of information on one website about particular things that you search for.

No comments:

Post a Comment