Tuesday, December 7, 2010

C4K Comment summaries from November and Dec 5

11/7
This comment for kids was actually on a teacher and her third grade class.  Mrs. Yollis is a very good teacher to follow and I really enjoyed reading her post.  She gives very clear instructions and also she does a grammar check for every post which is good.   The post that I commented on was about her class making  a bread for Thanksgiving and writing to Mr. Turkey!

11/14

This was a blog post by Room 8 at Melville international School.  I got to comment on a students work in an art technology week art project.  His project was very good and he did a really good job in creating his art work.  I told him how much I liked his work and how good of a job he did.  I like how the teacher must approve the comments before they are put onto the post.  The last thing I told him was to keep up the good work and keep doing good in art.  

12/5

I commented on  a young girl named Brianna and she was teaching us something about elapsed time.  She gave one example and it really showed the point of elapsed time and what it does.  She was clear in her explanation and example.  I told her that she did a really good job in giving a clear example and to keep up the good work.

11/21

This post was about an end of term self reflection and I commented on how the end of the term was like a squishy cookie.  This reminded me of how I feel about the end of this semester because by the end of the year you always feel like a squishy cookie or like your over done.  I commented how much I agreed with the post and how I liked the metaphor of the cookie.  The last thing I commented on was the goals that he set for the next trimester and how I wished him luck with completing all of his goals.

12/5

This comment was for Yasmine and it was a special assignment.  I commented on her post about her top five favorite desserts.  She listed some very yummy desserts and I commented on how I liked her top choices because two of my favorite desserts were listed.  She commented back and thanked us all for commenting on her post.  It was really neat to get a comment back and to be connected to someone that's different and younger.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment for our students in New Zealand, we really do appreciate it, USA has a huge influence culturally on us, even though were on the other side of the world. Yes as a classroom teacher I do approve all posts, it just keeps a filter on things. I would in three years in something like 2,000 comments had to reject probably ten at the most but there are spam advertisers out there or people wanting to use the commenting process to advertise a business, I make sure that gets cut off at the source. I will share your comments with our class of students in New Zealand today the student who created the art video will also be shown, knowing him that feedback will really make his day.
    Mr Webb, Classroom teacher, Melville Intermediate School, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete